Monday, January 22, 2007

Ongoing entry

Saturday, May 20, 2006


Ongoing entry


Here I will post things that I want to. No real theme on this one. I'll just add to it when I feel like it. No, this isn't for you...it's for me.

My five favorite musical artists of all time are:
1. Satellite Soul
2. PFR
3. Jars of Clay
4. The Normals
5. Switchfoot

I hate to include Jars of Clay and Switchfoot, but these are two bands I have followed extremely closely for a decade now. I am still loving the stuff Switchfoot is making--in spite of their mass popularity now. Yeah I liked it better when they were a three-piece, but oh well. As far as Jars of Clay, I don't think Dan is a good singer..but his voice is unbelievably pleasing to me. And I have very little shame in saying that. I think it's terrific. And the band has taken an artistically mature turn in the last five years or so. Also, being a collector, it is a nice challenge to try and acquire every different compilation that includes Jars of Clay. They get around. Honorable mention on this list would include U2, Rick Altizer, Vigilantes of Love, Smalltown Poets, Sarah Masen, Brian Barrett, Lifehouse, and The Elms. What do you think about that?


- - - selah - - -


Here's something. I have never ever in my life used a drive through teller thing at the bank. In my mind as a kid that was something that grownups do. And I have never done it. I do all my withdrawls and deposits at the drive through ATM, and any other business (coin counting, etc...) I do in the lobby.


- - - selah - - -

No comments: